Fluval FX6 piping diameters

bridgenewb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I'm looking to build a product list for when i build my custom tank using custom PVC plumbing. I want to run dual FX6's in parallel feeding from one bulkhead and returning through another one. I've scoured the fluval site and cant find anything about the diameters for the adapters for the flex pipe.

If anyone has an fx6 and can provide me with the measurements it would really help in giving me an idea what kind of diameter piping and fittings I will need.

Thanks,

pdxmonkeyboy

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2016
it's about 3/4". I don't like corrugated hose so I swapped mine to 3/4" black pvc. Not stiff pvc, the flexible stuff. like this https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/1...d0uAJAAj4-DP1-S-3hLrwz705srN0nZnrrxoCh5Tw_wcB

It is actually a hair larger than the outlets on the filter but with some pipe clamps.. like 2 on each, it works just fine.

the fx6 is a beast! Remember to use the little drain on the bottom when it comes time to clean it. It makes life soo much easier (and drier).
Cheers

kchaynes2001

Feeder Fish
Jul 2, 2023
I'm looking to build a product list for when i build my custom tank using custom PVC plumbing. I want to run dual FX6's in parallel feeding from one bulkhead and returning through another one. I've scoured the fluval site and cant find anything about the diameters for the adapters for the flex pipe.

If anyone has an fx6 and can provide me with the measurements it would really help in giving me an idea what kind of diameter piping and fittings I will need.

Thanks,
I would not recommend running fx6 in series it doesn't work well at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store