umbee question ?

tsmith50

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2015
charlotte nc
Okay......I believe I have a Rio Mag. I was hoping someone could tell me the difference in Rio Mags, Magnum x, blue gorillus, black gorllus and what ever else is out there thats an umbee......just want to educate myself a bit, pictures would be greatly appreciated .......Here is mine.

March 1,2015 004.jpg

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Not sure how you can tell location of blue freckeled by just looking at the fish but hopefully someone rise can chime in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Umbeeguy2244

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2014
Oregon
You really can't tell the difference between locations. Each location has slight differences from each other like more freckling, better coloring, body shape, head shape, ect but you need to know we're the parents come from or were yours is from. My suggestion is you contact who ever you bought that from and get what location it is. Rio mags are the most common in the hobby. Then you get into magx, magz, dxm, ultimate blues, and so forth. Btw ultimate blues are suppose to be the best looking umbees out there right now. And there is also Panama green umbees which haven't been seen in the hobby for sometime now. Hope this helps you out some

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Umbeeguy2244

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2014
Oregon
I forgot about the gorillus sorry. Those look completely different. There's no big difference between gorillus black and blue except gorillus blue has better coloring. And gorillus black aren't pure they are a cross between black and blue. And they are crappy breeders lol that's just my two cents

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store