Lighter Tone ansorgii

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Any nobody know much about this variant? It was label as Faranah sp. It's been this light ever since I brought home last summer. I know there are wild ansorgiii's out there that don't show markings often , but much darker tone than this. If you have pics of your light tone ansorgii. Please feel free to post. Here's a several photos. Thank u

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: NCTRNL

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Just curious to see if other members here have a lighter base ansorgii w/very little markings.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Hmmm very strange he should have at least some color to him with tht sand .... There r no patterns visible at all except for that very very faint spot at his tail .... Idk man that's weird to me maybe just a naturally permanent washed out bichir

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
Ansorgii from Nigeria have no patterns. Many ansorgiis are from Tinkisso guinea that usually show the tannish red or brown color. Another rare occation is a greenish brown ansorgii from kolotoon Guinea. The ones from Nigeria have olive grey base color and pale patterns to none at all.
Here is a pic of only head shot. I only have it for 5 hours before it was sild back in 2008.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Hmmm very strange he should have at least some color to him with tht sand .... There r no patterns visible at all except for that very very faint spot at his tail .... Idk man that's weird to me maybe just a naturally permanent washed out bichir

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Here's my other presumably Nigerian ansorgii. It's consistently darker and patterns will come and go.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: NCTRNL

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
008.JPG

Both my Ansorgii look like this^^
The bigger one i was told was from koloton river.(first ansorgii i got.)
The other i am not sure

008.JPG

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Ansorgii from Nigeria have no patterns. Many ansorgiis are from Tinkisso guinea that usually show the tannish red or brown color. Another rare occation is a greenish brown ansorgii from kolotoon Guinea. The ones from Nigeria have olive grey base color and pale patterns to none at all.
Here is a pic of only head shot. I only have it for 5 hours before it was sild back in 2008.

Appreciate this great info king-el

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
King-el. Question for u. This is a derail of my own thread, lol. But still about the species. These are your photos I believe. So, I hope u or the original person doesn't mind. But These photos show wild bichirs collected for human consumption, and some to the aquarium trade. Are these greenish brown from koloton guinea you mentioned?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store