New snowflake eel

Thatfishboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Northern indiana
So I got this new freshwater snowflake eel and he is about ten inches
The smallest fish I have in the tank is five, two inch corie cats but hey are really at so it will probably take a while for the eel to grow big enough to eat them. I'm going to try to keep the eel in full freshwater
I have a 125 gallon tank
I was just wondering
Growth rate
Food
Tank ate advice
Max size and just general information that I may or may not have known
Thanks in advance😃

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I would not recommend keeping this Moray in freshwater, you are asking for trouble. For a few months you'll be fine, in the long run you will be plagued with disease. They aren't freshwater fish, they only migrate into freshwater temporarily. They need brackish in the long term. Your Corys may be in trouble, even if they aren't consumed, they may start showing bite marks.

Lindsay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
illinois
I kept my "freshwater moray eel" (Gymnothorax-tile) in fresh when i first got it, they will barely eat. I moved it to brackish water aquarium of 1.009 slowly using *Instant Ocean* salt and it now thrives and swims up to my fingers taking cut frozen-thawed shrimp pieces (be careful not to get bit, they have poor eyesight) .

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Use marine salt and keep the salinity at a minimum of 1.008ppm but from my experience they have been the healthiest and grown fastest in a full marine setup

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
The salt will probably kill everything but the swordtails. Plus the eel will prey upon them at some point

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store