My Cincta Aquarium Video

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Hello all,

Just wanted to share my Cincta Riparium.

- Bonded Pair of C. Cincta
- Pair of Bahia Red Tail Oscars
- 1 Hoplarchus Psittacus

Tank is 225 72x24" acquarium. Water filled to just 6 inches below the top and Pothos, Spathyphyllum, and Spider plants growing with their roots sumberged.

Just fed the Cincta's some crayfish. I also have a small school of about 20 small guppies that self sustaining themselves in the tank. When one of the oscars gets close, the guppies rush into the tangle of Pothos Vines to escape. Kinda cool.

Enjoy

[video=youtube;xHS1drD8IPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHS1drD8IPI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Really nice love all the plants how many do you have? Love the cincta too hope they spawn again for you. U should post a feeding video

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thank you! Next time I pick up some more crayfish, I'll film it for you. I hope they spawn again as well. But I'll have to take the oscars out since they were pretty rough on them when they laid eggs.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
you have awesome fish man.
Thank you! Pikes are beautiful fish and unlike most of what you hear, they work well with other fish. Imagine keeping fish in a community with a bonded pair of large parachromis, nandopsis, or amphilophus that get to over 12 inches in a 180 gallon. You can't do it. But with pikes, you can. Another plus is their beauty, the strength of their pair bond, and their sophisticated behavior and what can he observed as a high level of intelligence.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
These were picked up as adults since no one seems to have juvies. But a guy on here got a few babies at an auction from batfish aquatics,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store