Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Hello Everyone,

This is a video of my 150 gallon C. Lenticulata Aquarium

- 2 C. Lenticulata
- 4 Geophagus Winemilleri
- 8 Pterophyllum Scalare Brazilian
- 3 Chalceus Microlepidotus

<span style="color: rgb(9, 54, 138); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">[video=youtube;1CNWRcolof0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CNWRcolof0&amp;feature=youtu.be[/video]

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Have you had any trouble with the crenicichla and the angels? I've heard pikes can be real aggressive at times

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
the pikes have left the angels alone. Given the tank size, I felt it was worth the risk and they've been together for several months now without problems. They sometimes give chase to the geos but don't do much harm.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
that's encouraging. those lents are so cool. i'm slowly getting edging closer to trying to put a nice crenicichla in with my geos.

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
Awesome setup. How do you keep the plants rooted? I have 6 Geophagus "orangehead" tapajos and I can't keep the plants down in the sand because they are constantly sifting.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Awesome setup. How do you keep the plants rooted? I have 6 Geophagus "orangehead" tapajos and I can't keep the plants down in the sand because they are constantly sifting.
Thanks! I place the plants between stones to keep them from digging at the base of the plants. It's also good to position them at the borders and margins of cichlid territories. Then you are usually good.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
that's encouraging. those lents are so cool. i'm slowly getting edging closer to trying to put a nice crenicichla in with my geos.
If you're setup is 6 feet, give it a try. I have kept these lenticulata, my tapajos, Sveni, and lepidota all with Angels and they were fine. My cinctas are huge so they would eat them but a pike that get to a foot give or take can work.

I'd recommend you try them. the geos get chased but my angels are flawless without a single torn fin or a bitten trailer on their fin extensions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store