Max size of an Albino Senegal

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
Hi,

I've had my albino Senegal now for about 3 years, was imported in around 2" and the shop imported it as "short body". Well I realised after it was either a semi sort body or just a little bit fat, not short body compared to what I've seen out there! Now after 3 years it's around 6". What is the max size of an albino Senegal? Is this a normal growth rate? Started off housing in a 3ft tank then once it hit around 4" it went into my 7ft tank, feeding on massivores and prawns.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Sorry i don't have answer to your question but i guess their growth is really slow. I have one albino, bought at around 3". Now at 7" and not growing any more. Its been over a year. I am not too sure why? Its in a four feet tank and fed on pallets/fish/prawns etc.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I started off with 3 Albino Sens 7 years ago, all were around 4". After about a year, 2 of them were around the same size at 7" while the other was a runt at 5" Unfortunately, the 2 bigger ones died unexpectedly after a few years and the runt was around 6" at that point. It remained around that size for awhile. I just recently happened to measure her again since she was up front and she looks to be 7" now. I think it's pretty much up to the individual fish on it's max size. I've seen R1_Ridah's (RIP) Albino Sen that he had for 7 years (at that time) and it was around 9" I've always heard that 8" is the norm for the max size of an Albino Sen.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
I got mine at 7 inches 3 years ago after a year I sold him to a friend. Now it's 9 inches maybe a tad bigger. Told my friend not to overfed him don't want him to bloat up or anything don't see many large captive bred albino sens

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BichirAddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2007
Virginia
Mine never got past the 4" mark in the 2 years I had him. Then mysterious disappeared

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store