Dat vs the world

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
So I picked up 1" dat a couple weeks back he's in a tank with some much larger fish from grow out p bass to my grow out pleura at 3"+ the little dat is super aggy to all the fish. Any tips on how to calm him down he seems happy as Larry no one ever bothers him

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Unfortunately there might not be a way to calm him down.. a fish that has somewhat of a aggressive personality can't really be changed, altered around or controlled. So yeah, just give it some time. A little chase is fine normal with dats I think when their territory is threatened as long as there is good amounts of space in the tank, no serious fights to death or w/e, it's all good..

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Unfortunately there might not be a way to calm him down.. a fish that has somewhat of a aggressive personality can't really be changed, altered around or controlled. So yeah, just give it some time. A little chase is fine normal with dats I think when their territory is threatened as long as there is good amounts of space in the tank, no serious fights to death or w/e, it's all good..
Hopefully he will calm down I used to have 2 large ones who used to hate each other thought going solo would stop aggression

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
A well fed healthy indo (like yours) can be mean to other types of fish as well as other dats. As long as the other fish aren't complete wussies, he shouldn't do any substantial damage at his size. Just make sure he's not affecting your other fishes feedings, then you may have to separate

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It could be worse with the little guy hiding all of the time as they are notorious for doing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store