IT HURTS TO SALE!

michael0418

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2015
miami,fl
The fact that I'm selling my oscars today has gotten me all upset. At times there my favorite fish I got. Right now it's the better thing for me to do by selling them I have them in a 75 but in less then 10 days I can move them to a 110 or 150 I have stored away waiting for me to move houses. I'm sitting here in front of them possibly doing the last water change for them,!I'm having 2nd thoughts on selling them plus I only have to wait 5 months or my female to be sexually mature, and the fact that everyone says it so hard to breed them gets me wanting to keep them more! -.-
Ever been in a similar situation?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I would keep them. Plenty of people have them in 75s for life. If you are going to upgrade in 10 days then keep them.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Yeah, sounds like you have options. I'm not really seeing the road block in the big picture based on what's been shared so far. you'll figure it out though. Good luck

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
I bought a baby oscar at 3 inches in length. He ate so much and grew to 5 inches in a month!

He is hardy, pretty, personable and eager to eat but he kept harrasing my juvenile Emperor Snakehead.

My focus was the Snakehead, so I put Oscar in a pail to give away to the local lfs. The following day he was motionless due to lack of oxygen.

I felt so guilty I put him back in the tank and he came back to vigor. Oscars are so hardy. I promised him I wont let him go. But I did as I saw the fins of the Snakehead torn..Only to find out he was ignored, unfed and kept poorly at the lfs.

I was upset at myself and decided to keep my promise. I took him back and he is back to his usual happy self. And the Emperor Snakehead has grown a little and will chase the Oscar away if disturbed. Oscar has stopped disturbing the Snakehead and I got a peaceful tank.

I tell you this story to say I regretted.. if you already feel this way before selling you shouldn't sell it. Oscars are common but such a loveable fish. I love my Oscar, he's meant to be. Might even get him an Oscar buddy but I don't know if they might fight. He's in a 120G.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Glad your happy its hard to decide who goes

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store