My first red Wolf fIsh

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
Just got a red 5 inch red wolf! Man he is a AGGRESIVE fish!! I love it! Anything goes in is eatin!

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
Will post one when I get home from work. It killed my jardini arowana last night! $170 down the drain. I have seen a more aggressive fish. Like a snakehead

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Oh well, accidents happen. I think you should get another arowana and see if it was just a freak accident , or if it happens again. Lol

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
For some reason my little red also doesn't like fish with an elongated body. Maybe something to watch out for down the road if u get more fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Thought that was common knowledge of them not liking elongated fish lol but I had something similar happen to me recently, bought a 2.5-3 inch jardini and. 1.5 inch mala, mala ate guppies same size as himself and caught up to the jar in a matter of weeks. Then went for the jar got him half way down and ripped him. Woke up to a full happy mala and half a jar. 80 down the drain only but I like the mala better anyway. Though I only payed 15 for him. And you don't have to call the op stupid, mistakes were made, he's only human. If you get another around make sure it's bigger, these don't have insane growth rates as far as I know so you should be fine. But not to much larger as it may take out the wolf if so.

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
In 200 gallons I figured it would be ok..my mistake... My money.. So I just got back with another red wolf

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
In 200 gallons I figured it would be ok..my mistake... My money.. So I just got back with another red wolf
Keep a lot of hiding spaces and decor. They will compete with each other for dominance. Keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Oh man, that wasn't smart, should read up a little more. Erys usually don't like elongated fish in general let alone their own kind. Though its been done with many erys in a large tank. It's trial and error overall with wolves in general. Good luck

Blazin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Illinois
Dang that sucks :(. I think it's a gamble for having tankmates with your red wolf. I would have guessed you would be ok with your setup. My red wolf shares a 55 with a red severum, blue acara, rainbow shark, and a small Colombian tetra. He completely ignores the tetra and rainbow shark. I keep him nice and fat. The only time he exhibits aggression is during feeding time. He will chase away any fish that's within a 8 inch radius of him. It's crazy he will eat anything I put in the tank, even veggie pellets. I don't feed any live, not sure if that has anything to do with him not murdering everyone in the tank. I have a nice vase fire him he hides in most of the time unless I'm in front of the tank and plastic plants. I plan on giving him his own tank as soon as I upgrade my Mala to a bigger tank.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store