Free Indo Datnoid (blind)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
I have a IT dat that is mostly blind in both eyes. About hand size 6 inches or so. I have no idea how it happened but his appetite is there still. Takes frozen krill and earthworm. He currently shares a tank with a fire eel and feeding is becoming increasingly difficult due to the fire eel and I would rather keep the eel. :(

He really needs to be solitary for the blindness as he is very good at sniffing out where the food is at the bottom, it just takes him a minute which he doesnt have with the eel.

He's really a stunning fish and I hate giving him up but I feel he would be cared for better in a different environment and I refuse to take him to local shops.

No charge, just come and take him. PM or email jstehman@gmail.com
I'm in Omaha NE
pics on request

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
NO ONE can take better care of that indo than you bro.... that's the reality....consider keeping it and giving it a good home..... more than likely, will only "suffer" in someone elses hands........

toolsforfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2014
Dark Side of the Moon
NO ONE can take better care of that indo than you bro.... that's the reality....consider keeping it and giving it a good home..... more than likely, will only "suffer" in someone elses hands........
agree with frank. maybe divide the tank with an acrylic panel or eggcrate

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
Fire eel is 16"

That eggcrate wont last long. Good idea though. I am trying to get a 180 by summer time. Then it eill be easier to separate.

Yes i know I CAN care for him but I feel like he would be better off somewhere else. Man it hurts saying that

signature
-----------------------------------------------------------

"And if I can't have everything, well then just give me a taste"

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
I just watched him bash himself against some wood and plants getting away when mr eel smelled krill in the water and went on search and destroy. Poor dat had no idea the bus was coming.

signature

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
He would be ok with others.. just cant have bottom dwellers that eat the same food.

I dunno what to do really. I know deep down I really want to keep him but man sometimes it breaks my heart

signature

toolsforfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2014
Dark Side of the Moon
sounds like he needs bare space. a bare tank 20 would be chill even i bet...his own space with extra fiterlation

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
I do appreciate the kind words

Thank you

signature

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
sounds like he needs bare space. a bare tank 20 would be chill even i bet...his own space with extra fiterlation
Ya I was thinking along those lines.. he really doesnt "cruise" anymore..

As slow as he grows a 55 could house him for a while.

signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store