Stocking question

Justynkak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
Plymouth, UK
Hi, do you guys think that a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft (125gallons?) can house a green terror (i already own one 6inch) and red terror ( they are for sale near me at less than 2 inch) and if i could add a convict and/or ebjd and/or salvini and/or red severum? Its just a theoretical question for now as i only have 55g with my GT and bichirs.

My friend is selling his 5ft setup and i was wodering if that kind of mix was possible, if so i may consider buying it. Waste isnt a problem as i do every other day water changes with vacuuming anyway so the new tank would only add more time to that routine.

Its the aggression that matters here.

Would a tank of this size work as a SA community or is it too small or only depending on fish ipersonality?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Red terror is the wildcard IMO. Everything else could be housed with some smart aquascaping, though salvinis can be annoying to try and "fix"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Sorry, I mean wildcard as in id be confident I could probably aquascape to somewhat minimise aggression in the other fish, but the salvini and red terror might be overly aggressive no matter what.

Others may disagree, be interesting to hear more opinions :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I agree with con

Ebjd is def a no no with that mix sals and red terrors are some of the more aggressive fish...least thats what i read

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Justynkak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
Plymouth, UK
Hmm, the rest of fish are just 'add ons' i would say. Im really just intrested in my GT and a RT :D i read so many people say they evil and that but some say once they r raised in big enough tank with larger.mates they do just fine. I dont know... :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store