Does anyone have an electric pink/electric gold/platinum JD that's an adult?

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
There are so few pictures online of these JD's as adults, I see how they are as babies but I want to know what it will look like at 5+". I'm debating if I get another JD if I want to go electric blue again or try out one of these platinums (is that the accepted name now? I remember at first hearing about someone doing it on this forum a few years ago and calling them Green JD's (which doesn't seem like a good name for them tbh, neither does electric pink....naming is weird for morphs). It'd be helpful for me and probably others to have good reference pics.

Thanks guys!

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
Is it just me or do they not look super healthy? Their eyes are sunken in and their body form is a little meh perhaps.

The lighting in that video is also awful, it makes them look white and gold...

Wait...blue and black EBJD, white and gold platinum JD? OH NO, NOT THIS AGAIN

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
My god those are some ugly fish!
There are no pictures of them that size because it is a terrible strain and the fish are simply not healthy.

It is like inbreeding 100 times over, the results are not good.
I had an EBJD that was almost 5" long and Icould tell that it just wasn't a healthy fish, and I took great care of it..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
Yah, that's a big concern. That's also why if I get an EBJD again I'd want to get one from a breeder. I've seen people do good work with not inbreeding them and strengthening their strains, but with these platinums I just don't know what/how people are doing it.

In a way, I figured they might be less inbred as the stock fish used to make golds would be very different than the electric blue ones...in theory if you had two different blue strains and two different gold strains you could make two unrelated double hets to then breed together and get these platinums without them being stupidly inbred....but idk.

In that video I'm unsure if its genetics causing those fish to look bad or husbandry. Could honestly be both.

Dcichlidguy

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2013
I'm getting one tomorrow. I'll post pics once he's in the tank. The seller told me he's about 3 inches right now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I'm getting one tomorrow. I'll post pics once he's in the tank. The seller told me he's about 3 inches right now.

Who is the seller and did they perhaps have any pictures of the parents that you could share/ask him for to share?

Dcichlidguy

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2013
Who is the seller and did they perhaps have any pictures of the parents that you could share/ask him for to share?
The seller is a local breeder in SoCal. The parents are a BGGG Regular Jack Male & a BG Gold Jack Female.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store