Can I keep Fahaka puffer with eel!

michael0418

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2015
miami,fl
So I've wanted to set up a brackish tank and looking at my options on what I could get and I would love an eel and a puffer! I know Fahaka are freshwater but can I keep them in there if not do you got any suggestions on what stock I can have in a brackish system? I want something that would look good grown and I know green spotted & figure 8 but not really looking for those?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KiiNGGiiNGER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2013
Marietta, Ohio
Fahaka puffer is full freshwater only and will die in brackish and no they would eat an eel. Puffers are a single fish tank for all intensive purposes.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Fahaka puffer is full freshwater only and will die in brackish and no they would eat an eel. Puffers are a single fish tank for all intensive purposes.
X2, puffers tend not to mix well with tankmates for the most part, and the fact as mentioned a Fahaka is full freshwater fish, putting it into any level of brackish water is just going to stress it out and eventually kill it...

Other than the F8 and GSP, there is also a Ceylon puffer that is brackish puffer, although it doesn't look too much different than the F8 or GSP...

If you have a large enough system, and the money to run it, why not try doing a full saltwater system? if its large enough etc, i'm guessing you maybe able to pull off a s/w puffer with an eel if there is enough cover for the eel...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store