Good CO2 regulator?

mikec707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2009
santa rosa
www.youtube.com
Can any one recommend a good CO2 regulator/solenoid? At a reasonable price. On eBay I've seen them anywhere from $40-$100. I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I saw one with 2 outlets I like that. Any feed back would help

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
Honestly, a good regulator is going to be a dual stage regulator and you're going to be expecting to spend more like $200+

I have a setup with two needle valves so it can go to two different aquariums and that rig cost like $250.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Depends on how you big you want to run. I have a Paintball set up using an Aquatek Mini Regulator. It's been running for a few month on a timer and it been working perfect as of now. The Regulator runs for about $90.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I've been looking at the aquatek mini paintball co2 system.

I have a 40 gallon tank. Do you think a 24oz would last me atleast a month.

Refill cost isn't really an issue. There's a sporting goods store that's along my way to work where I can refill little tanks for less than $0.20 an ounce

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It should. I run my CO2 6 hours at 2bps. So depends on how long you plan on running your CO2 and how much.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I use the Aquatek premium on a 10lbs tank. It's alright. It's a little hard to get the bubble count right, it seems like it's either all or nothing, you'll go from 2 bps and with a slight adjustment bubbles are exploding out of the counter. I finally got mine in place at over 5 bps and haven't had any issues with it since.

I have a friend with the same regulator though and hers malfunctioned and released CO2 into her rank overnight, fish survived but barely. She got her money back and went and bought a GLA regulator for $300 something, quite a bit more expensive but a six year warranty, made and tested when you order...it's a very nice regulator.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I've used Aquatic, Reef Fanatic, and the Milwaukee regulators all with great results. Currently running a Reef Fanatic as I got it in an auction for $5.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store