My eel isn't eating

Thatfishboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Northern indiana
My new Indian mud moray isn't eating. I have had him for four days now! I have put frozen bloodworms with th lights on and off. I have also tried to give him frozen Brie shrimp with lights on and off. And I have tried to give him freezedried tubifex worms but he still will not eat. Please can someone help me with my eel. Any suggestions? What do your eels like to eat? Have you had this same problem with a new eel?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
That's the first time I've heard the G. tile called that. They require heavy brackish water so if you don't have it in that, that could be why it isn't eating. You may also need to try live ghost shrimp or feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Besides the water being a likely problem if he is in fresh water, it's common for many fish not to eat right away after a move. Also, does this type of eel need a tube or cave or sand to hide in and if so, does he have that? Is the tank in a busy or loud spot in the house or is it low traffic and quiet.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
depending on the fish you have, yes it will. If you have that moray in a tank full of actual full freshwater fish the salt will kill them, and the absence of salt will eventually kill the moray.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Why not return the fish or find someone who will take it? These fish are supposed to live for up to 30 years not for a few months.

And if it does last longer than that, a lot of the other fish will become fish food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store