Newbie dovii owner help

Eliza49

Feeder Fish
Mar 5, 2015
cheltenham uk
Hello, im new to fish keeping i have a 75gal tank and i did a full cycle on it. I recently bought a baby dovii from a pet store. I arrived home with him they told me the fish was a boy and he will grow to abbout 15inches wich is not true. Unfortunately i found this later. I decided to keep him he is very shy and somehow cute but i really need some experienced dovii owners help about everything that id have to know about this fish. Diet water temperature ph aquarium setup everything that will help me to keep and raise this fish nice and healthy. Thank you for your time every little help will be fully appreciated 😊
Sent from my SM-N9005 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
You're gonna need a bigger tank than a 75g.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Eliza49

Feeder Fish
Mar 5, 2015
cheltenham uk
Ill upgrade the tank in a month or so. im thinking at a 6ft because i have the necessary space for a tank that large

jagsandpits

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
NewYork
Ill upgrade the tank in a month or so. im thinking at a 6ft because i have the necessary space for a tank that large

dovii get humongous bro, ur gonna need a tank in the 200s

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio

I wouldnt upgrade until hes cliser to the 10 inch range. A little guy in a huge tank might have a hard time finding his food and what not. But yes dovii get huge. Ive never owned one but i would love to. I just cant give him a big enough home, he wouldnt do well with my other big guys.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
I wouldnt upgrade until hes cliser to the 10 inch range. A little guy in a huge tank might have a hard time finding his food and what not. But yes dovii get huge. Ive never owned one but i would love to. I just cant give him a big enough home, he wouldnt do well with my other big guys.

Actually once he settled in, he would come right up to eat so I doubt he would miss any food kol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
+1 it is ridiculous to wait until he is 10 inches to upgrade from a 75 gallon. Odds are his growth Would be stunted by then. Upgrade sooner than later if I we're you use be looking at a 7x3x2 minimum.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I didnt say exactly 10" but im sure you get the point.

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
Ive grown out 1" dovii in a 6' tank, they can find the food. Dovii arent dumb, id venture to say they are one of the smartest cichlid out there.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Just trying to help someone out. Guess i shouldnt have commented because im not a dovii expert. My point is you dont HAVE to upgrade right away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store