Looking Into getting rays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael0418

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2015
miami,fl
So I've wanted this for a while and I think I'm ready I want to wet my feet first and probably go with a teacup ray! Can you guys help me out with what you know about them and all that good stuff!!
I have a 110 long how long can he stay there?
What r some good tank mates? all I would like to add with him when I get him is 2 black ghost fish and in the future a puffer!
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
So I've wanted this for a while and I think I'm ready I want to wet my feet first and probably go with a teacup ray! Can you guys help me out with what you know about them and all that good stuff!!
I have a 110 long how long can he stay there?
What r some good tank mates? all I would like to add with him when I get him is 2 black ghost fish and in the future a puffer!
Thank you

Forget adding a puffer straight away. They need a species only tank

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
I agree With MHD the rays try to eat everything anyway so to start just concentrate on the ray alone and when your sure everything is going well you can think about tankmates then.
Check the adult size of the ray before you get it And get a small strain if possible (mini marbles and hystrix come to mind ) Lots of people dont realise how big some get.
rays are amamazing, just make sure you reaserch.
This forum is a great place for info though so your on the right track

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
I know it's illegal but it's not gonna stop me I already got my connection for the ray

How are you going to care for it from behind bars?!

On a serious note, isn't there a saltwater/brackish type of smooth ray called something like a 'Florida ray'?

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
U can keep rays in FL as long as u get them into an area where u can exhibit them to the public, like a business where anyone can stop by and take a look at them. Thats the only way, unless ur an educational Institute, to be able to keep motoro "legally" from what I have learned from FWC.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I know it's illegal but it's not gonna stop me I already got my connection for the ray
And with that this thread is closed. As a ray keeper myself it only hurts our hobby and cause when people break laws to keep a species they know nothing about. If you have your sources speak to them about the ray and leave it off of MFK. We don't need negative publicity from threads like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store