change of color

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
This little guy was very dark (black) when I got it and stayed that way for 3 months. Still had hope that one day it's true colors will come thru. One day it happened! Couldn't believe it, but then it only occurs during daylight. Once dusk comes around it goes back into black. Been like this for a few weeks, it doesn't get that faded washed out look, either bright or black.

20150305_112957.jpg

rayluc

Candiru
MFK Member
May 25, 2005
mfk
This little guy was very dark (black) when I got it and stayed that way for 3 months. Still had hope that one day it's true colors will come thru. One day it happened! Couldn't believe it, but then it only occurs during daylight. Once dusk comes around it goes back into black. Been like this for a few weeks, it doesn't get that faded washed out look, either bright or black.
nice indo, is the pattern the same on the other side?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
nice indo, is the pattern the same on the other side?
If that's it's reflection then it looks a little different..I31 did you notice the stripe pattern when you first picked out and bought this dat?

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
The dat in on the other side of the tube worm feeder is a silver dat.
krichardson: nope, it was totally black, I just had the employee scoop one up because there were numerous dats in the tank all scurrying about.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Then that sounds like a really nice random scoop,so how does the other side look?

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
Here's the other side. Yeah, looks like I lucked out. It was a thumbnail size when I got it. Should have picked out a few more.

baby dat.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store