Hello from Germany :)

Firewitch

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2015
Germany
Hi There!

Phew! - I hope, there won´t be too much mistakes in my little introduction. My English is a litle bit "rusty" ;)

After a while with "normal" fishes like Paracheirodon axelrodi, Corydoras and so on a friend of mine showed me some West-African fishes.
That was the moment I fell in love with Polypteridae. :hearts:Since then my tank setup changed completely - at the moment I own Polypterus senegalus, buettikoferi and mokelembembe. I also have some Erpetoichthys calabricus and Ctenopoma acutirostre.
Anyway in Germany there don´t seem to be much keeper of these beautiful animals and in search of other "infected" i found this community.

I´m curious about the Polypteridae and their tanks here.
Hope to learn more about my favourites and maybe can help with my little knowledge :)

Oh - and here's a photo of my tank (450l / ~118g - must be tiny for some of you *smile*)

And some of the "occupants"

Greetings from Bavaria!
Eva-Maria

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Welcome, glad to see another poly addict join the site! keep the pics coming that's an awesome tank!

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Greetings! It nice to see another lad from EU AND poly addict ;) sweet setup! Wonder how you keep it planted..my endlicheri destroys everything :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Firewitch

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2015
Germany
Good Evening (here it´s 10:21 pm),

thanks for your welcome :)

Well @ D.Wolf - that´s something I don´t really understand. As far as I've seen (and that´s not very much ;) ) every tank here that keeps polys is without plants or only with plants tied up like anubia or bolbiti. I think, one reason is that my little friends are juveniles - the biggest one, a female senegalus is about 7.9 inch. And the Synodontis angelicus is the same size. Maybe they don´t have the power like the bigger endlicheri?
I don´t think, i have better educatet ones who have learned to leave the plants at their place... ;)

But as long as it works that way I'm happy to have a planted tank - even, when I can´t see any fish 'cause the plants took the tank all over. Everytime when my husband asks me "Hey, who has eaten the fishes?" I know, it´s time to cut the grass...
And that is, how it looks like then:

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Its beautiful !! Wish i could keep something like that :) i have only roots but tank still looks empty even there is whole bunch of fishes :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Gorgeous !!! Welcome to MFK.......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store