240l tank with 75 kribensis. Any experience?

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
Hello. My pair of kribs bred a good few months ago and I have about 75 odd kribs about an inch, give or take a few mm. I would have had 150 ish but lots died in the filter on the first night I removed mum (mom) fish. They were 2months old and always stayed away from filter, just shows how much mother fish does for them.

Anyways.. Has anybody ever kept such a large group of adults kribs together? The original parents will just have to lump it, I dont want them to have anymore anyway although they are trying.

Edit: Ill add that concerning the bio-load, some may need to be removed.

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
Just wondering if they do well in large groups when reach adulthood. They seem less cautious than when they are in a pair or few.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
I have never tried this, but I'm guessing that eventually you will get mated pairs and they will get quite territorial.
I had one pair of kribs in a 75 gallon with some large angels. They pushed all the angels to the edges. I had to remove the pair and put them in their own tank.
My guess is, you'll be fine with them together until they start to pair off.
Then again.. the sex of kribs depends on the pH they were hatched in... so you might end up with all males or all females if you are far off from pH 7.
Maybe that works?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store