HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Was available in the 1960s already.
Covers everything you need to know for success in the hobby.
It's called a book ;-)

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1425826326.639862.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ryan_R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
Athens, OH USA
careful with some of the info in the links. it is incorrect.

eg. a petsmart link advocating only 10% water changes per week will lead a lot of hobbyists to tanks with very high nitrates and dead fish.

perhaps some of the content needs to be re-evaluated.
Agreed! Amazed that the "10% rule" still persists. A "definitive guide" is probably a very short list of "Do's and Don'ts" with large regular water changes with a water conditioner being the biggest thing to "do"..... from there it gets fish specific.

-Ryan

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
careful with some of the info in the links. it is incorrect.

eg. a petsmart link advocating only 10% water changes per week will lead a lot of hobbyists to tanks with very high nitrates and dead fish.

perhaps some of the content needs to be re-evaluated.
Still a huge improvement on the maintenance most people do. 9/10 of the people who walk into petsmart and start picking out fish are going to fill the tank up, drop a castle and some fish in, and then only touch it to feed them once a week until the fish die or they get sick of it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
Still a huge improvement on the maintenance most people do. 9/10 of the people who walk into petsmart and start picking out fish are going to fill the tank up, drop a castle and some fish in, and then only touch it to feed them once a week until the fish die or they get sick of it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
good point LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store