Aquarium bottom trim

michael0418

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2015
miami,fl
So I am resealing an old tank and in the process of taking apart, the bottom trim was so old it just snapped. I looked into buying new ones but it would be 62 after shipping and it's just plastic not worth a new canister filter! So I needed some ideas of what to use and also if I even need a bottom trim? Any ideas!
The tank is 110 gallons 48 x 18 the old trim didn't have a brace and the tank isn't braced should I brace it with glass?
Thank you! Fish on!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I've replaced trim before $60 isn't a bad deal for that size. There's not much you can substitute.

I needed to replace one. The only thibg I could think of was cutting some angle irons and welding up a steel frame, but the time and materials added up to be more expensive than plastic trim.

I wouldn't take any chances on a tank that large

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

michael0418

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2015
miami,fl
So update I'm gonna go ahead and try making custom wooden frames I saw a guy in YouTube That made one for the top of his tank so ima try it for both bottom and top and since in not in desperate nene of the tank I'll have it filled out side for a good amount of time probably more then a month before I set it up inside so I'll let you guys know how it went!! Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Homedepot 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/16 angle, cut to size, polish and stick it on very simple to do. Nice look if you match top to bottom. Thats what i would do.
good luck with the trim

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store