Overflow doesn't have the holes for return nozzles (Help)

CichlaLoverer

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sheboygan WI
I recently bought a 5x3x2 new from my friend and the overflow wasn't drill for the return noozles to be setup in the inside of tank.. My friend had the return noozles setup over the overflow than down to the tank, I prefer the returns to be inside the tank so can anyone help me what should I do..

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
its not as hard to drill as glass but you still need to be careful...I'm not real familiar with external overflows...why do the return lines come from inside of the overflow box...? or why did he have them set up that way rather.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
From what I see, you have to drill somewhere if you don't want coming over top. Either the bottom of overflows or in the side. Acrylic drills very easy with a hole saw. Just do it slow so you don't melt the plastic. Also don't let it bind or it could crack. I have drilled a lot and never had a problem.

CichlaLoverer

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sheboygan WI
With an external box usually returns go over the top. If that isn't what you want I'd drill next to the box rather than through it.

How many holes are in the overflow box?
My overflow has 3 holes in the bottom so I'm doing 2 drains and 1 return.... I want the returns to be inside, I'm not sure if having the returns go over the top will look nice..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store