API Rena Nexx Filters - user experiences?

electroshadow

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2013
uk
contemplating trying a API Rena Nexx filter on my 40 gallon tanks, an was looking for some user experiences of the filter before I buy.

I do have standard 2x 2200l/ph SunSun filters on my larger 120gallon tank and they do a great job of filtering the large tank. Although I hate cleaning them as its like a chochlate cake in there. (obviously working then!)

but on my smaller tanks I run interpet CF2 filters. sort internal HOB filters which I always wash the floss pads when I do a water change and this keeps the tank clear.

the nexx filter I see as a cross between the two types. Canister filter that I can see my self cleaning more often. But there does not seem to be much room for Biomedia. (I will most probally use al***rog instead of API stars.)

I would welcome any user feed back.

electroshadow

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2013
uk
in the end i just built a small pond type filter for £15. although now after just testing all of my various tanks, some thing is up all of them from small 40 gallons upto the large 125 gallon tanks are reading around the following.

Fish in all tanks are fine
Ammonia = 8ppm + (even turns blue)
Nitrite = 0 - 0.25ppm
Nitrate = 10ppm

thought maybe in last weeks water change the tap water might of been off? But i have checked it and the ammonia is 0ppm

all very strange even tried with dip sticks thinking the api master kit was faulty but no matching results, Although im not sure if its ammonia or ammonium??

electroshadow

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2013
uk
changed the water in one tank 3 times now and its still 8ppm???

surely with 3 50% water changes it should be down to 2ppm or 1ppm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store