Dorado Catfish Info

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I cant find much at all about these guys on the internet. What are their preferred parameters (PH, Temp, etc). Also how agressive, big, diet for these guys? We have them at work and I think they look awesome but I know nothing about them. I have yet to see them eat anything since ive been there (about a week) Ive been trying bloodworms, krill, silversides and ghost shrimp. I hate using feeders..

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Massive as in redtail massive or like wels massive lol? obviously not 10' in captivity but you know what i mean. Theyre in 80* temp now and are actually quite active. Theres 5 of them in with a fire eel right now. But that sums it up for me. Too big to keep with my polys or gar. Ill try and get some more info for the boss.

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
They are pretty hardy in my exp. grows fairly fast 11" in a few months. They are very skittish though. Really active at night and prefers corners during the day.

Mine was on feeders till 3" when it ate shrimp and fish(dead).

It will stand its ground against other fish but will get easily bullied by bigger cats. Its on the slender side as a juvi so watch out for fish that might eat it.

Lastly, ive noticed that it loves swimming against strong current (almost gatf current)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Massive as in redtail massive or like wels massive lol? obviously not 10' in captivity but you know what i mean. Theyre in 80* temp now and are actually quite active. Theres 5 of them in with a fire eel right now. But that sums it up for me. Too big to keep with my polys or gar. Ill try and get some more info for the boss.
They get massive but i have yet to see one that reached its potential in a tank. Biggest fish personally seen by me was 2 and a half feet. So maybe rtc massive but less girth. Id say tsn massive and just a tad bit slower in terms of growth.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store