aquaterra 3D backgrounds with overflows

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Has anyone used an aquaterra 3-d background on a tank with a set of built in overflow boxes? I used the wrong silicone for the 3-d background I began many months ago, and am considering picking up the "rainforest" background. The problem is that the tank has two built in overflow boxes. I'm afraid that a 3d background will steal away too much tank space or look awkward if I try to work around the overflow boxes.

Pictures would be great. Thanks.

Jambarino

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2011
South Carolina
Has anyone used an aquaterra 3-d background on a tank with a set of built in overflow boxes? I used the wrong silicone for the 3-d background I began many months ago, and am considering picking up the "rainforest" background. The problem is that the tank has two built in overflow boxes. I'm afraid that a 3d background will steal away too much tank space or look awkward if I try to work around the overflow boxes.

Pictures would be great. Thanks.
Aquaterras backgrounds are a stiff foam,it would be very difficult to wrap them around an overflow,you would have to just put the background in front of them.Your best bet would be to get a flexible background from universal rocks,they will wrap around them quite easily.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store