Catfish for my 200g

SwellyJelly

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2014
Missouri
WOHOO FIRST POST! :nilly:

Ive been looking at getting a catfish for my 200g and I've narrowed it down between a jaguar catfish (liosomadoras oncinus) or a hammerhead/bottlehead/jaguar dolphin catfish (Ageneiosus marmoratus). The available sizes for the jaguar are from about 3"-6" while the hammerhead i can get at ~9"-11". I currently have a mono pbass ~7" and a lemon oscar ~7" in the tank and my concerns would be them eating the jaguar catfish or if i got the hammerhead it would try eating one of them. Also, I hear the jaguar catfish does more hiding then swimming around the tank. If anyone has any xp with these fish and could help me make a decision that'd be awesome!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Jaguar catfish are stunning cats one of my personal favourite , but I didn't have much luck with mine it did spend most of its time hiding after a few months I found him dead :( they are very timid cats that's don't react well to stress so I'd watch out that tank mates don't have a go at it too much if you decide to get one , I think they would work much better in a smaller species tank tbh , but I'm sure there's a few mfk success stories out there

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Jaguars are pretty much going to hide all day except feeding time(a), as the majority of Auchenipterids do. But they are stunning cats.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I had an ocinus that would do nothing but hide. He didnt even eat (at least not the food i fed) and survived a year until I sold him. Overall, a waste of money imo
get the ageniosus

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store