Silver lip injury

bigme213

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2012
louisiana
Of course he jumped and damaged his bottom lip one night 2-3 weeks ago. It's dis colored light pink where it was steel blue. Wondering why it dosent seem to b healing. He's lost scales and regrew them while this still looks same. He's 10"-11"

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Looks like re-injury of its lower jaw to the point of its body making a calloused spot to prevent any future injury. I've had the same ailment on a number of arowana, mainly because they were wild caught and skittish from being taken from the wild at an advanced age. It's probably rubbing on the glass, or running into the aquariums's wall frequently. IMO, it will heal, although the process will take a while. It also may get a bit worse if it keeps up the same habit.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
My aro (a Lei) keeps his calloused up from rubbing the front glass. He is in the living room, so is always watching everyone looking for a sucker to feed him. If your guy stops rubbing it it will go away. Mine will start to disappear and then rubs it raw again. Look at it this way, if he is rubbing it on the glass to watch you, that means he isn't a nervous fish and might not be as likely to hurt himself. I keep telling myself that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store