Canister filter discharge and intake placement question...

Billium

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2015
Navarre,OH
I have a question hopefully someone can answer. I just setup my new Odyessea CFS500 canister filter on my 55g today and I have the intake and discharge setup on opposite sides of the tank and its making a nice current in the tank the way I have it setup. My question is... Why do I see alot of people putting the intake and discharge on the same side of the tank? Wouldn't all the clean discharged water be sucked right back up again? Or no? Explain...

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Hi,

Having the inlet and outlet in the different sides of the tank, I.e. Inlet in the left, spray bar on the right, you will find all the dirt end up at the side of the tank work the spray bar.

If you have then at the same side, I have my inlet and 3 inch on the floor of the tank, and the outlet on the same side, with the holes from the spray bar pointing at the top of the water, thus creates the water in the tank to start to spin and washes all the dirt back up under the inlet, all it makes cleaning the tank easier.

Also having inlet and outlet at same side is recommend by Eheim, in their instruction manual!

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store