Best media stack for Eheim 2262

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Hi,

I currently have 3l Eheim Mech Pro on the bottom, 2 medium blue bonded pads, then 11l Marine pure 1.5 inch spheres.

The tank is a medium stock American

I'm wanting to change this because there is not enough fine particle capture because I have no filter floss in there.

Any help would be great!

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

matubula

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
UK
Why not just put filter wool/floss at the top? But make sure it's inside of the circular grid spacer, so it doesn't get pulled into the pump intake.

I run a 2260, my layout from bottom to top is: bottom grid spacer, 5cm/2" plastic bioballs layer (pushed into each other), 7.5cm/3" thick sponge layer, 12cm/5" Sera siporax ceramic layer, filter wool layer, top grid spacer.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Mine is set up like this
Maybe 2 L mech
1x 10ppi coarse pad
1x 20 ppi med pad
Maybe 9 ish L of substrate pro/matrix/biomax mix
1x 30 ppi finer foam pad.

The foam pads are from swisstropicals (poret foam)

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Why not just put filter wool/floss at the top? But make sure it's inside of the circular grid spacer, so it doesn't get pulled into the pump intake.

I run a 2260, my layout from bottom to top is: bottom grid spacer, 5cm/2" plastic bioballs layer (pushed into each other), 7.5cm/3" thick sponge layer, 12cm/5" Sera siporax ceramic layer, filter wool layer, top grid spacer.
Shouldn't that fine will layer be before the bio media

Mine is set up like this
Maybe 2 L mech
1x 10ppi coarse pad
1x 20 ppi med pad
Maybe 9 ish L of substrate pro/matrix/biomax mix
1x 30 ppi finer foam pad.

The foam pads are from swisstropicals (poret foam)

Shouldn't that fine will layer be before the bio media?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I always put it on top with my other eheims. Reason is to stop and of the smaller grit (sand and degrading bio media) from getting to the impeller.....jusy how i do it.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
[h=2]Eheim 2262 My set up.[/h]On botom i have custom Blue filter pads. Then 14l matrix then 1 filter pad and on top filter floss. :)
This set up is working great for me... water crystal pics.
When i will have more time i will post pics in what's is your stand section.

Jambarino

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2011
South Carolina
I have from bottom to top,4 l eheim ehfimech,20 ppi foam,30 ppi foam,then 8 liters of matrix.Works fine for me.The 2262 holds so much its kind of hard to go wrong unless your a complete idiot.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I have from bottom to top,4 l eheim ehfimech,20 ppi foam,30 ppi foam,then 8 liters of matrix.Works fine for me.The 2262 holds so much its kind of hard to go wrong unless your a complete idiot.
Agreed i was actually thinking of removing some of the bio.... come to think of it im wrong i dont have 10ppi...lol i forgot i couldnt fit it. Qhen i set up the filter i used all of the bio i had in the fx6 (all 3 trays were full) plus almost all of the 4 liters of matrix. 2262 really does blow the fx away still a good filter but it holds where more bio and the flow is ridiculous. Harleyk gave me the idea to drill the holes a lil wider on the spray bar worked out great. It pushes the debris clear across the tank down the far wall and back across the bottom. Everyrhing ends up right under the spray bar. Wc are auper easy with everything basically in one place

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
I always put it on top with my other eheims. Reason is to stop and of the smaller grit (sand and degrading bio media) from getting to the impeller.....jusy how i do it.

I run mine the with poret foam on top layer as well ... graduated sized ceramic noodles on bottom (larger to smaller) , scrubbies in between

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
So if I change my stack to shake
Eheim Mech pro, then 4cm medium bonded pad then batting/floss then pile bio on top of that.

That's the best way to go?

Should I put the floss into a mesh bag to stop it fitting into the impeller?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store