My new overhead sump

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Tank looks great!

Are those diy water polishers in the tank(last pic)? I hope they're not a permanent fixture.

bradleyagregg

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
pittsburgh
Nice! I wish I still had pics of mine from a few years ago. I bought 2 different brand rubber bins. The smaller one fit just inside the outer lip of the larger one and was about 1/3 the depth. It was filled with poly fill and was drilled like a drip plate. The bigger bin was full of pot scrubbies. Easily the best filter I've ever had. I played around drilling return holes until I was able to run 4 big power heads.

swims alot

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Rhode Island, United States
Tank looks great!

Are those diy water polishers in the tank(last pic)? I hope they're not a permanent fixture.
Thanks, they are my diy k1 media reactors they work great in my opinion. They are a bit of an eyesore to me, but every non hobbyist thats seen my tank thinks they are mesmerising lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

swims alot

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Rhode Island, United States
Nothing but good news. In my opinion its pulling its weight better than my cf-500 and its only hooked up to a maxijet 400. Its catching lots of debris so the chambers are doing their job. Also in hindsight the way I made the overflow should be making gurgling sound, but I guess because im using 3/4 drain on 110gph is low enough to keep it quite. I have no complaints so far, love this thing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store