new flower female

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
That is my favourite Flower pattern. The flowers are less flower like if that makes sense, more like irregular circles, this type make very impressive adults. The full tail is a huge bonus also, rarely are they shipped from Colombia with tails as long as this.

Nice ray!

Keep us updated.

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
I forger where she said it was from I was to busy counting my money. Yes I sure it was Columbia. She is very stressed right now keeping herself buried I have some baby convicts and going to get some ghost shrimp to try to get her eating. Do you have any tips for me I know they can be finicky.

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
Light colored from stress most likely.

When you get her eating, stick with it and feed often till she starts putting on weight. I would not switch up foods till after she is eating good and acclimated. Flowers are extremely sensitive and work best in a species only tank.

Also, I would keep the lights off till she is acclimated as well...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
If it were me I would buffer my water down lowering the PH and softening water. Dont believe they handle Hard alkaline water well. Especially if they are larger 10+ inch rays freshly imported. If they get super stressed I think they shut down eating and just wont start back up.

Light color isnt always a stress indicator but can be. If you have an lfs that will order for you you should be able to get several hundred ghost shrimp for around 30 bucks.

GL

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
I just threw 30 ghost shrimp in and covered the end of the tank she is in. How low do you think I should get my ph to? She swims all over the tank but as soon as she sees anyone immediately hurries herself in the sand she seems very skinny. F1 though so I do think know own how long she was I shipping or how gently she was handled during shipping also bought some night crawlers and chopped one up so she has her pick

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
What is your PH now and how hard is your water? Mine is outrageously hard with a very high PH out of tap.
You can use peat moss to help soften but dont reduce your PH drastically. If you do try to lower PH do so very slowly over time. A friend locally uses discus buffer for his Tigers and flowers. Honestly, getting her eating is priority. Doubt she takes crawlers but its possible. Keep a close eye on other parameters also. Any ammonia or nitrites can send them over the edge. They stress very easily.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Did you see it easy before you purchased it? How long was it at the lfs?

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
It was there for 2 days before I bought her (not the best idea) and yes she was eating, in her own tank right now with daily water changes I have low ph from well water. I have been keeping a eye on other parameters but my I should check my ph honestly I stopped checking it because it always shows up around 6 if I remember correctly

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store