Anyone here have renters insurance

mhswres1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2011
bradenton florida
Looking to get a good renters insurance as I'm about to move and want to insure the appartment due to my fish tank

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Water furniture (waterbeds, etc. ) sometimes are not an insurable peril depending on the specific contract, make sure that aquariums are not considered water furniture by the insurer.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I pay like $8 per month for my policy. It covers damn near everything including personal injury. $35k replacement value for everything in the house except firearms and jewelry.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I had when I rented. My policy only covered my stuff. If an aquarium would have failed it would only have paid for stuff I owned, not the home I rented. Every policy is different, so ask lots of questions. Regardless what you get it is very inexpensive. Mine was about $90 a year.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Lol, my property management rep was stupid enough to say to me,
"we don't care about fish, we just don't want you to have a dog there."
That's good enough for me, so I'm rolling with it, true story :)

edit: my bad, it's the pet deposit we don't have. I think renters insurance is required by law here.

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
I have a warranty on my aquarium. that will be replaced. I opted not to go with Renters insurance as If anything gets ruined then It will just be thrown out as most of my items are older or second hand so it's not a big deal to me. I don't buy new things because I have two cats who will destroy anything I bring into the home.

Now since you are renting know that the landlord has their own insurance for situations like flooding , fire etc . If something like that were to happen renters insurance would not cover it if thats what you were wondering.

mhswres1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2011
bradenton florida
Found an insurance that say my tank busts and ruins the floor or walls or whatever it will cover the cost of repair I'm obligated legally to pay the property owner to fix. It will also pay for my things from other things such as theft or fire.

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
My insurance covers incidental damages to the property. Even if I fall asleep drunk with a pizza in the oven and cause a fire.

Not all landlords are properly insured. I've rented from some real scumbags in the past, I wouldn't take it for granted. "Hey there's exposed wiring in the bathroom" ... "well then don't touch it" haha. That's an actual conversation from a previous landlord.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

luvinbluegills

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
Pgh PA
Look for multiples; check with your car insurance company to see if you can add renters insurance, and you'll likely get a better deal than getting it through an independent provider.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store