300 gallon stocking,

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Hey everyone I will be getting a 300 gallon or a 500 gallon tank soon I'm not sure which it is but I was wondering what should I stock it with? I was thinking about a retic sting ray, two silver arowanas and a Motoro stingray and 1 ornate Birchir and a tire track eel and a dragon goby, I was wondering if a tiger oscar or a Florida gar would be fine with these fishes I hear tht gars do get territorial and get very big, so any opinions I'm open :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Hey everyone I will be getting a 300 gallon or a 500 gallon tank soon I'm not sure which it is but I was wondering what should I stock it with? I was thinking about a retic sting ray, two silver arowanas and a Motoro stingray and 1 ornate Birchir and a tire track eel and a dragon goby, I was wondering if a tiger oscar or a Florida gar would be fine with these fishes I hear tht gars do get territorial and get very big, so any opinions I'm open :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
My two florida gar are fine with with bichirs and clown knife. Never had any issues whatsoever. But i have heard that arowanas when feeding can spook gar. It works for some people and doesnt for others. I guess its just the luck of the draw. Ive also heard ornates can be quite aggressive, ive never kept one personally but if thats the case i would worry about the tiretrack and goby.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
I've never had or heard of aggression problems with gars

Sent from my D6708 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
My tiger oscars and silver arowana never fight together. It's great combo for me. 1.5 years now oscar + aro
But some people say its not good to put them together because oscars are territorial.
My oscars are adult. New silver arowana is only 9'' and nothing. They are acting like nobody is in tank.
you must decide :popcorn:

Spoted gar will be fine for life in 300 gal. They are not so big. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store