Do You Get Frustrated By a Monster Fish That Grows Too Slow?

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Months have passed it is still that little baby fish you feed every day making you feel pointless.

Have you gotten frustrated? I bought a baby Striped Snakehead at 3 inches in length. It's not even a month yet he is already 5 inches. As a full month is coming close he is exceeding that length. He's like a machine with a beastly attitude.

I can't wait to see how he will be once big. I feel a monster fish that grows fast to be more purposeful than a fish I feed daily, gets fat but remains at about the same length for months to come.

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
I dont have a prob with waiting if a fish cooperates with feeding :) (read: pellet or frozen food training).. i raised almost all of my fishes from 3-4" babies :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
When it comes to growth, I don't mind slow growth. I'm just not in a hurry. I keep fish for my own amusement/satisfaction, I'm not hurrying it to grow out to sell it to make a profit. A healthy fish is my main priority, not growth rate, not max size

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I started to get frustrated with a group of festae cichlids witch on paper dont seem that long to grow but actually doing it was torture to me. I eventually got some smaller fish for them to bully witch helped

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Most fish grow fast as babies lol. Let's talk about your snakeheads growth from month to month next year. Growth is always relative to age and eventual adult size.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
My missing fish doesn't seem like they've grown in forever :(

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Yeeeeesss i have had my two senegal birchirs for almost a year and they have each only grown two inches.. they werent even growing before what help boost their growth was cubed beef heart.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I've owned lots of Goldfish over the years but only 1 has made it past 6-7 inches. All the rest seem to stop after the first year.

My last(and current) pleco was growing real slow. It's only been this last year that he picked up on growing. I got him in 2010 at 2-3 inches. A year ago he was only 7 inches. I just taped measured him yesterday at 12 inches. He's an L001

I had a Niger Cat that grew too fast. In 18 months he went from 3 inches to 23 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store