Have You Bought a Fish But Later Changed Your Mind & Fed It To Your Monster Fish?

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Perhaps it may be difficult to admit but have you bought a fish to keep but later fed it to your monster fish?

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
I'm just going to come out and say it. You are definitely a weird one :D from your previous threads it appears as though you have an obsession with watching fish get torn apart for the sake of entertainment. But to answer the question , No. I think most people who care for their fish would re home them as oppose to feeding them to a predator fish

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Which thread? I just had an experience of mixing Snakehead species which turned bad = Snakehead species do not mix. And Snakeheads eating tank mates.

I feed my Snakeheads live food also but all this doesn't mean I enjoy seeing fish ripping each other apart. :( I love my fish.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Perhaps it may be difficult to admit but have you bought a fish to keep but later fed it to your monster fish?
To answer your question without judging, no.

Nor have I bought a bird to keep but later fed it to my cat, bought a hamster to keep but later fed it to my snake, or bought a cat to keep but later fed it to my dog. For good or bad, if I purchase an animal as a pet, they don't lose that status simply because I decide I've changed my mind, made a mistake or it's become inconvenient.

If I can't keep them I place them with someone else or return them to a store.

note2self

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2014
pac nw
There's a video on YouTube of a guy feeding his peacock bass to his snakehead because it got a little sick and had one bad eye. The video always pisses me off for some reason. I would never treat a fish I bought as a pet as a feeder. Just couldn't do it. To use a reason like "I just got tired of it" is the ultimate jackass move imo.....but that's just me

I have, however, bought feeders, put them in quarantine, and end up liking them and throwing them in my pond. Mainly the goldfish with cool looking colors lol

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Ive done it as a last resort when I cant re-home or pet store wont take. Which around by me 90% of the stores wont allow a fish back in the store.
When I was raising africans lots of aggression, always somebody battered up . Why let them suffer , one gulp and they are gone.. life giving life.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
To answer your question without judging, no.

Nor have I bought a bird to keep but later fed it to my cat, bought a hamster to keep but later fed it to my snake, or bought a cat to keep but later fed it to my dog. For good or bad, if I purchase an animal as a pet, they don't lose that status simply because I decide I've changed my mind, made a mistake or it's become inconvenient.

If I can't keep them I place them with someone else or return them to a store.
Hahahaha. X2. So taker, what brought up this question? Did you sentence a fish to death cuz you changed your mind?

Even as a piranha keeper I've given fish back to the pet store for no return value instead of feeding them to the Ps. I'm taking like maybe a breeding project gone wrong. I didn't feed the left over mate to the piranhas

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
Hahahaha. X2. So taker, what brought up this question? Did you sentence a fish to death cuz you changed your mind?

Even as a piranha keeper I've given fish back to the pet store for no return value instead of feeding them to the Ps. I'm taking like maybe a breeding project gone wrong. I didn't feed the left over mate to the piranhas

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Years ago I purchased a mouse to feed to my Rbp's shoal . I felt horrible about it after and disgusted in myself that I would intentionally do that to another poor creature when it did not need to end up torn apart inhumanely by my P's. Since that day , I changed for the better and never fed live again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store