Dojo loach agressive?

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
anyone here who has experience with the dojo loach being very agressive towards them, He is not agressive towards his tank mates but the second i try to hand feed my eel and goby he dodges at me and tries to bite me like im his meal lol, Its definatley not love nips cause my african knifefish love nips me all the time and i feel no pain but my dojo tries to rip my skin off lol its not really an issue but it does get frustrating trying to feed my other fish anyone ever see this in a dojo or any other fish?:WHOA:

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Mine do the same when I walk in my tank.. always swimming against my feet... was never sure why they do that. I never correlated aggressive behavior from it.. but if you're seeing them trying to bite, then maybe they were and I just never felt it.

PrettyPoly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
Canada
I've owned 3 "groups" of Dojo Loaches and 1 single Dojo Loach kept with goldfish. Only the one was ever aggressive. He was never at rest, tattered the fins of his tankmates and nipped at my hands during feeding time. It's rare i've heard, and out of the total 10 Dojo I've dealt with it was only ever that 1 loach, kept without others of his own species that was aggressive at all. I will note that they do better in groups of 3 and when my single loach nipped it was just that, a nip. I did not experience pain at all, it's strange that you are.

PrettyPoly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
Canada
All of them were part of coldwater community tanks with goldfish. Only one was ever without the company of other Dojo loaches and he went crazy. To this day I'm still flabbergasted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store