Federal officials plan to track every fish and crustacean imported into the u.s

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Saw this on my laptop i couldnt read the article but im pretty sure you could find it online. I thought it was pretty crazy but atleast its better then a full on ban. uploadfromtaptalk1426616066846.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
Saw this on my laptop i couldnt read the article but im pretty sure you could find it online. I thought it was pretty crazy but atleast its better then a full on ban. View attachment 1065103

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b191d8-c7fe-11e4-aa1a-86135599fb0f_story.html

Combating Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing and Seafood Fraud.

The article is referring to wild caught fish and crustacean for human Consumption. It has nothing to do with the importation of ornamental fish , just thought I would clear that up :) interesting read though by the way!

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Let's see: the government can't track people it arrests for border violations, veteran's who are scheduled for doctor visits or guns it purchases or confiscates. So how will it track fish that lack IDs, social security numbers or serial numbers?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Let's see: the government can't track people it arrests for border violations, veteran's who are scheduled for doctor visits or guns it purchases or confiscates. So how will it track fish that lack IDs, social security numbers or serial numbers?
That's because words used by/about government action never mean what they say. When "they" say government will "track" things, normal people speaking the king's English think that means government will do some work and actually track what they say they will track. But, through the looking glass that is government, what "track" REALLY means is that citizens and businesses will fill out forms and be coerced into coercing their countrymen into complying with regulations while government agencies collect fees.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store