Pre update - dbs dungeon

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
So as many of you knew I went through a pretty big shuffle with some of my rays..... For those that got in touch with me through text, PM, or email thank you for the thoughts and concerns. I consider many of you friends and it's nice to hear "Is everything OK" when lots of stuff goes up in the marketplace. I think I told most of you what was going on - a fund raiser for some "different" rays..... :)

Now that the rays are here I'm busy tearing down little tanks and setting up larger ones.

IF anyone's interested I could post updates here of the changes going on. 1st project will be tearing down a 180/125 stack and a single 4x3 150 in order to make room for a 8x3 I acquired for some of my Marbles and hoping to stack a pair of 4x3 150s next to the 8x3. Next will be getting the blackies 370 up, then pup storage tanks, and lastly a means to battle my crap water here. I feel like I've learned so much since I moved into the current house that most of the stuff here is outdated and while some prefer to keep it simple, I don't really have that option cause I tried it and it didn't work.

IF there's interest I'll update the tank changes here.....

Here's a few pics of the rays for now.

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4442.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4424.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
"Different" rays? Do tell, boesmani???

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
"Different" rays? Do tell, boesmani???

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
You're looking at the "different" rays.....

Maybe they're common up there, but they sure aren't down here.......

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
i believe what he posted was the "different" ones being true Falks. looks very good DB and you know we want to see the updates what king of question is that??? very interested in seeing how you are going to be changing your filtration. are you adding ozone?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
You're looking at the "different" rays.....

Maybe they're common up there, but they sure aren't down here.......
Very nice.

Mind sharing your source?

Can we get a full stock list?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Congrats, They look Good!!!! Updates are always loved by me

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Another member on here went together with me on an order of Falkneri from Oliver (Below Water up in Canada) like 2 years ago. I bought the pair that member had originally bought, and I also bought the male/female pair of pups that came from his pair. Little does this guy know - when I finally meet him I'm gonna give him a hug. That guy has done so much for me in this hobby that I am going to be jumping at the opportunity to put rays in his tanks when the time is right.

Full stock list of my basement???? Man, that would be a sad reality check..... IF you really want to know I'll list it. :)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
i believe what he posted was the "different" ones being true Falks. looks very good DB and you know we want to see the updates what king of question is that??? very interested in seeing how you are going to be changing your filtration. are you adding ozone?
No ozone..... The big change will be the method of changing water. Going to try aging tap in 1 tub, pure RO in a few tubs, both ran on float valves to refill during the day, then just do manual water changes with the same ratio of water daily. No more drip. Will still have it plumed for emergencies like power cuts, but my theory is the drip is to blame for the constant PH creep that's up to 9.2 now.

Most importantly I think the water is the reason I have so many issues with breeding, well pups I should say. There's no issues with breeding, the issues start once they're bred. Low litter numbers, less then healthy pups, ridiculous gestation periods, movement that results in no pups or aborts, list goes on........

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Another member on here went together with me on an order of Falkneri from Oliver (Below Water up in Canada) like 2 years ago. I bought the pair that member had originally bought, and I also bought the male/female pair of pups that came from his pair. Little does this guy know - when I finally meet him I'm gonna give him a hug. That guy has done so much for me in this hobby that I am going to be jumping at the opportunity to put rays in his tanks when the time is right.

Full stock list of my basement???? Man, that would be a sad reality check..... IF you really want to know I'll list it. :)
Nah just the Rays.

Sounds like a great guy and a great way to pay it forward.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store