The Best Wet Pets

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Title says it all. In your experience, what are one or two fish that have been some of the best wet pets you've ever had. I'm talking about those personable, glass banging and/or let's you pet them, extremely interactable, and possibly very intelligent fish. I haven't kept a lot of monsters (my biggest fish has been and still is my 8.5-9" Yellow Bullhead) so I'd like to see what others opinions are. For me personally, it's been a four-way tie between my old angelfish, my electric blue acara, my old male cutteri cichlid, and my green sunfish. What would it be for you guys?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Starbuck. My female pink Giant Gourami. Now closing in on 20 inches. (About 1 1/2 years old now.) I've had some pretty personable Oscars, but nothing comes close. Not even close, as her.
Do a search for her if you want to see pictures.

Reactions: Davidiator

note2self

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2014
pac nw
Probably the Tiger Oscar I currently have. Runs up to the glass opening his mouth repeatedly when i come close and gets in intense staring matches with my dog whenever he his paws up on the stand to take a look. Pretty cool fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
My old angelfish, also any convict cichlids I have are usually pretty good. My GT is quite outgoing too, couldn't keep him in the big tank though, tried to kill everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Either my old oscar or my pearsei... prob give the pearsei the nod...extremely interactive. Dive i read that sunfish are really interactive would you compare them to cichlids like oscars?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Either my old oscar or my pearsei... prob give the pearsei the nod...extremely interactive. Dive i read that sunfish are really interactive would you compare them to cichlids like oscars?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Depends on the sunfish. Just like cichlids, there are varying levels of aggression depending on species. I'd compare Enneacanthus sps. to Apistogramma sps. and I'd compare a male green sunfish to a red devil. There's also I believe 49-50 species of sunfish ranging from the 2-3" Enneacanthus to the 30-36" Florida Black Bass so there are many different personalities within the family.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store