Official 300 gallon tank stocking

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Ok so I think I definitely got my stocking for my 300 gallon ima go with 2 silver arowanas 1 alligator gar 1retic stingray or Motoro ima let u guys decide and I'm also gonna do a fire eel and a tire track and a dragon goby and 1 large Senegal Bircher or a endelicher. And a black ghost knife now what do u all think is this overcrowded and if any of them will not get along let me know thnx:) also it may be a 500 I'm only saying 300 at the least..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Athleticfisherman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
Ok so I think I definitely got my stocking for my 300 gallon ima go with 2 silver arowanas 1 alligator gar 1retic stingray or Motoro ima let u guys decide and I'm also gonna do a fire eel and a tire track and a dragon goby and 1 large Senegal Bircher or a endelicher. And a black ghost knife now what do u all think is this overcrowded and if any of them will not get along let me know thnx:) also it may be a 500 I'm only saying 300 at the least..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Alligator gar is a no go for your tank, think of maybe a Florida gar. Depending on the footprint of your tank the motoro may not be possible and go with an endlicheri bichir way nicer and bigger

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

PUHUCBLMX2

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2013
Costa Rica
Your sting ray should be fine in 300 gallons, as long as it not absurdly custom in shape. In truth the only thing cool thing about alligator gar are there size, florida gar have better coloration.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
300 or 500 gallons of water is no where near enough water for an Alligator gar. What happens to these fish when they outgrow the tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store