Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Heyy everyone!

I'm back!!..

*notes awkward silence in the background*

So im finally going monster!

I've got a lot of great things going on ATM and among these is the fact that i'm mainly going into rays now!

So, you're probably wondering what i'm here for. Well, the fish house is basically a shed that is 12x10x7H. Not massive but its only gonna harbor one big tank so it doesn't need to be huge. The tank size will be 1 of three sizes.

ig = Imperial Gallons

usg = US Gallons

1. 10x4x4H 4320L/900ig/1141usg

2. 11x5x4H 5940L/1200ig/1450Usg

3. 12x6x4H 7776L/1710ig/2054usg

I'm leaning towards the last one tbh

So i had a couple questions -

1) The tank will be plywood and i obviously want a sump. my question is, can i have a hole drilled in the side panel of the wood and have a bulkhead, the same as you would have on a glass tank?

2) What size sump would you think is the best? i was leaning towards a 7x3 sized sump?

3) The plywood tank will only have a front glass panel for viewing, the rest will be all plywood. how would you brace it (design and placement)?

Thanks and i hope to hear from you soon!

Ayaz

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
2000 gallon would be awesome, but what about the cost of running it in the city? Are you on metered water there? Are you going to have room to heat the shed? You think about using a pressure filter? Sorry I have a lot of questions, I really want a monster tank for my fish.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
2000 gallon would be awesome, but what about the cost of running it in the city? Are you on metered water there? Are you going to have room to heat the shed? You think about using a pressure filter? Sorry I have a lot of questions, I really want a monster tank for my fish.
I'm on a set monthly fee a year for water.

The shed is fully insulated just like a friends shed and his holds heat perfect. That's where I got the shed idea from.

To produce or buy a large enough pressure filter will cost more than the Sump to be honest. Plus, due to the stock I have and will add, I don't want heaters and equipment in the main tank.

Hope that helped.

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
So you are going to have to walk out to your shed I see your fish? Why not just put it in the house?
lool unfortunately a tank this size will not fit in my house I live with my parents. I'm turning 18 in a month in a half. I already have a 1200 litre tank in the house.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
lool unfortunately a tank this size will not fit in my house I live with my parents. I'm turning 18 in a month in a half. I already have a 1200 litre tank in the house.

Well that explains it. My mom used to flip out with all the snakes and fish in the house

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
I was just thinking of this as you are in london ontario... new shed, water bill goes up, hydro goes up, lights on timers, young kid going in and out all the time. If you are not a fish person what is the first thing that comes to mind lol
Ya I was not aloud to have a fish tank in the house. Not until I moved out and I'm just lucky to find a girlfriend that understands and let's me have big tanks. I want a fish shed but as we are renting a house right now it won't happen

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Well that explains it. My mom used to flip out with all the snakes and fish in the house
Ahh right. Thankfully, my parents are interested and very supportive of the things I do so I'm quite lucky about that.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I was just thinking of this as you are in london ontario... new shed, water bill goes up, hydro goes up, lights on timers, young kid going in and out all the time. If you are not a fish person what is the first thing that comes to mind lol
Ya I was not aloud to have a fish tank in the house. Not until I moved out and I'm just lucky to find a girlfriend that understands and let's me have big tanks. I want a fish shed but as we are renting a house right now it won't happen
LOOOOL I agree. That would look suss. I've worked my backside off to finance this project and all my others. It's hard but certainly worth it and I doubt I'd give it up.

I hope you do find a housing situation which will allow you to get your fish shed :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store