Stalsbergi-long clear poo

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
My Stalsbergi constantly has a long clear poop trail. It's always been a picky eater when it came to pellets. I ordered some NLS Hex shield to try and rid it of any potential parasites. Has anyone ever used this food before? I'll try and get pics of the fish to see if anyone can help me figure out what the fish has.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

catfishacr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Iowa City, IA
I haven't used the food before but sounds like your on the right path. Hex shield should help rid any internal parasites. Good luck!

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
What do you normally feed this fish? It may not be internal parasites.

NorCal

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2015
Marina, CA
Been dealing with white feces for months now and lost a lot of my fish. The few I have left that are still eating seem to be doing better now that I'm feeding them NLS pellets soaked in epsom salt and metro. The feces has been browning up but the white long feces has to clear up clear up completely. Getting better though.

NorCal

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2015
Marina, CA
By the way white feces is usually for sure internal parasites and from my long readings and experience the fish usually only has a 50% chance of survival if you treat right away.

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
What do you normally feed this fish? It may not be internal parasites.
NLS, dainichi xl pro/krill, bloodworms. It's a very picky eater. The poo will have a long clear part then reg looking poo then clear again. I can't seem to find a pellet it will eat. I just got the NLS hex so I'll see if it'll eat it

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
If the feces is partially normal. It is most likely the blood worm exoskeleton. I have used the Hex shield on some new imports, smells very garlicky, feed twice daily for three days. Don't feed any blood worms or pro krill feed only regular NLS for the next 30 days. The feces will be normal. GTs are more like African cichlids when it comes to feeding, more vegetable matter less animal protein. With Gts this is usually more of a intestinal bacteria issue than parasites. Not to say it can't be but this will usually rule it out. Let me know how your doing.

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
Idk if my Stalsbergi ate the NLS or not bc I could never catch him eating it. I found a recipe online for frozen food mixed with meds(metro/focus). So got a small ice cube tray, defrosted bloodworms, mysis shrimp, daphina(frozen and dry) mixed in garlic guard with meds and refroze it all. He seems to be doing much better, now to buy some thera-NLS and try and get him to eat pellets again. Fingers crossed. Oh and he had a nice, reg brown poo (poop jokes still make me laugh lol)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1428636367.177518.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1428636416.873598.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1428636455.623499.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store