New Baby Catfish

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Still too shy to come out to eat. But here we go.

[video=youtube;YoYN4KqBPHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoYN4KqBPHY[/video]

btw, it is my first Tig. So Is it a real Tig? Just to be sure because Im a noob. Tnx

KamfaKid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2015
Canada
hard to tell when the fish dosent come out because usually the tail on real tigs have one longer and one shorter tail tentacle('m not sure what these are called)
false tigrinus jurunese have both f their tail tentacles the same size. I hope this helps. P.s you might want to change that substrate because he might swallow it and it may block his digestional track i recommend sand or bare bottom for these awesome cats.

KamfaKid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2015
Canada
my overall impression after watching the video several times it is likely that is is a false tigrinus because of the lack of vibrant white but it also could just be a real tig that has yet to develop these colours. it is very hard to tell being small and not being able to see the tail very well.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I think it is a true tig because a false would very likely be more yellow. What you bought it for is probably what will tell you if it is a false tig or a true tig.

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
I have had several tigs that ive grown out from 4" each. My present one is 9" and growing like a beast. Urs is definitely a tig, no question about it!! Hes a little beat up and his wiskers will grow back pretty quickly. Be easy feeding him shrimp, but pre cut squid rings, mysis blood wroms are great foods for them plus those boring ass pellets as well. Good to see its eating eagerly but definitely mix it up a little so he eats a variety of foods amd dosent get stux on just one. Good water quality and good flow, give him a hiding spot as well that he can go under, makes them feel secure. Other then that, its just another catfish, but IMO the very best u can get!!! Btw, how much did u pay for him? Good luck!!

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store