Socal 90815: Vet bills, letting go some of the collection/grow-outs...unique

Status
Not open for further replies.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
Recently our Bully, Meagle, has been having some health issues and we need to get him some treatment we didn't expect. As a result I'm liquidating some of the collection to raise a little money to help with the costs.

All sizes are estimates on the low side of actual size. You will not be disappointed!

Big stuff:

7-8" Blue Mahseer - Neolissochilus stracheyi - $65
Eats everything, its the smallest of my large group and so hes first on the chopping block. Good looking fish, lots of blue on the scales. Torn dorsal from the others beatin' on him, otherwise perfect

10-12" Gold Mahseer - Tor putitora - $85
Eats everything, again smallest of the putitoras, slightly torn tail from mahseer on mahseer action haha but otherwise flawless.

10" African Arowana - Heterosis niloticus - $185
Eats market shrimp diced up good and small or floating cichlid sticks after they sink. Got this guy on an impulse, already have a beastly african in another tank, dont need two (although i like having them both haha). Not in a hurry to sell this guy, but if you can give him a nice home hes yours!

Smaller Things:

2" Temensis Bass - Cichla temensis - $15ea (two avail)
Put together a big group of these guys, wont miss two of them, eating market shrimp bits like bosses.

2.5" Azul - Cichla piquiti - $30 (one)
Got this guy as an unknown cichla at just a tiny fella, turned out zullie, still pretty small, eats market shrimp and pellets.

5" Moke Bichir - Polypterus mokelembebe - $30
got him at a deal from another member, passing that same price on to the MFK hommies, hes just too small for me, even getting outpaced by the other grow outs :(

2-3" Sheath Catfish - Phalacronotus bleekeri - $25
very odd cat, likes to school up with others, decided its not for me (as in my palagioscion beats on it too much!)

2" Dolphin Barb - Bangana behri - $15
Awsome labeo family barb, rarish in the trade, this guy is holding his own with much larger hampalas and some cichla, but hes a no go with my bichirs as he sucks the slime off of them.... take him away....please?

"Special" Fish:

6-8" Golden Pilotfish - Gnathonodon speciosus - $200 READ BELOW!!
HIS FISH IS BEING KEPT AT A SALINITY OF 1PPT, IT HAS BEEN AT THIS SALINITY FOR A TOTAL OF 6 MONTHS, 3 OF THOSE MONTHS HAVE BEEN IN MY PRIVATE COLLECTION.... There is a long story behind this fish but let to make a long story short its a left over from a project I'm working on with one of the companies I consult for. We are working on high dollar marine fish in low salinity aquaculture to increase the viability of the fish harvest of our aquaponic systems...tilapia arn't worth the crap they eat and we need a more lucrative food fish. This one has been "culled" from the system due to a scratched cornea that's a bit cloudy (but improving!) that prevents us from using it in the experiment. I took it home to try out in my personal systems and it has been doing very well there for me. If you don't want it don't buy it, but its an interesting thing for sure! I was going to pass it on to a good friend of mine but he decided to go a different route, I don't mind keeping it but if somebody is interested they are more than welcome to purchase this unique fish for their collection!

If you are skilled with google you can find a couple scientific data sheets/papers/pdfs mentioning them in low salinity in nature as well as in aquaculture....

All are local pick up in Long Beach, 90815. Don't PM, I never check it. Text me at Nine4Nine 61zero five33five for pics or interest in the fish. No low ballers or tire kickers.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
so far tems, moke, zullie, sheath cat, and pilotfish pending. moke is pending 100 times over actually haha

if you want the mahseers ill do $100 for both!

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
Temensis, Azul, Moke, Pilotfish all sold, thanks to all that came by! .

Sheath cat back up for grabs, still have alot of stuff left guys, start makin offers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store