FX6 on tank with euro bracing?

Aquaculture Tyler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
Alamosa Colorado
Hi, I was wondering if you can use a FX6 canister filter on a tank with euro bracing? I searched on here and seen people doing it with drilled tanks but I don't really want to drill my tank. Thanks!

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Hi, I was wondering if you can use a FX6 canister filter on a tank with euro bracing? I searched on here and seen people doing it with drilled tanks but I don't really want to drill my tank. Thanks!
easiest solution is to use an eheim 2262, then the canister wont break down on you!! (sorry for that)

joking aside surely you could make something with PVC pipe that would allow you not to drill the tank?

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
That's funny with the Ehiem comment. But really, drilling is the best way. Or a network of PVC pipe. But that reduces flow.

Aquaculture Tyler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
Alamosa Colorado
easiest solution is to use an eheim 2262, then the canister wont break down on you!! (sorry for that)

joking aside surely you could make something with PVC pipe that would allow you not to drill the tank?
Hahaha are eheims better? Did yours come with all the media I was looking at one but it didn't include media though. I guess I could drill it I would have have to practice on scrap material first though lol.

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Hahaha are eheims better? Did yours come with all the media I was looking at one but it didn't include media though. I guess I could drill it I would have have to practice on scrap material first though lol.
Mine did come with media,I sold it and bought what I wanted.

Essentially traded Eheim Mech to Eheim Mech pro, and Eheim substrate to marine pure.

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I made a custom pvc plumbing set to replace the crappy set that came with my sunsun.

uploadfromtaptalk1427037385440.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427037422288.jpg
Don't mind the camouflage lol.

Same concept except I used 1/2" pvc and you'd probably need 1" and a wider run at the 2 elbows to clear the eurobrace.

My tank that those canisters is on is over 20 years old and im replacing it this month. before I do I'm drilling 2 3/4" holes in the new tank near the bottom trim for my canister plumbing (input). You could always do that too.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
If you go with the Fx6 , then you will need to make a custom designed PVC that goes around the brace. i've seen it before it's a simple easy thing to accomplish. Also I am running 2 FX6 and do not have ANY issues. All of my issues have come from using Eheim. So i stopped and have been happier since.

Aquaculture Tyler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
Alamosa Colorado
I made a custom pvc plumbing set to replace the crappy set that came with my sunsun.

View attachment 1065915
View attachment 1065916
Don't mind the camouflage lol.

Same concept except I used 1/2" pvc and you'd probably need 1" and a wider run at the 2 elbows to clear the eurobrace.

My tank that those canisters is on is over 20 years old and im replacing it this month. before I do I'm drilling 2 3/4" holes in the new tank near the bottom trim for my canister plumbing (input). You could always do that too.

Thank you! It looks good!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store