Eheim Classic Canister Owners

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I use the Eheim Ehfi Mech (hollow tubes) in the bottom layer, then blue sponges, then either Ehfi Substrat Pro or Seachem Pond Matrix and finally the white pad in the smaller models.

For the 2260/62 filters I use Ehfi Mech in the bottom layer, the Poret foam media in varying pore sizes from 20 PPI to 30PPI and Ehfi Substrat Pro or Seachem Pond Matrix in a mesh laundry bag with a thin layer of polyester batting.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Bottom to top; Eheim Efhimech, coarse blue filter pad, Eheim Substrat Pro and Chemipure, and finally a fine filter pad. All my Eheims are set up the same way.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Bottom to tiop. - Blue sponge - 12l Seachem Matrix - Blue sponge - filter floss
That is my way and its working prfect :D

sm1ie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Singapore
Bottom up. Sponge, biohomme plus, filter floss. I dont really like the original mech filter from eheim. I would rather put more bio filtration media in it and just rely on changing my sponge and filter floss regularly.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
3 x eheim 2262s from bottom to top. Eheim ehimech, filter pad of blue red cut to fit filter dia. Then depending on tank residence, bag of carbon, bag or bags of crushed coral, layer of another blue white filter pads, about 4L of ehi pro or matrix, than last doubled up of filter pads of blue whites..

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have two 2262. Poret from top to bottom. No need to clean, really. Just squeeze it out and put it back about once a year.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store