ok here is an impossible request for coral suggestions

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
which corals??? here is what iam looking for..fast growing colorful corals that might be at least somewhat angel safe will have a regal angel in the tank, a potters dwarf angel a copper band butterfly a Moorish idol and convict tang..iam setting this reef tank up specifically for these 5 fish (plus some small reef safe fish such as firefish/other dart fish ect..not gonna be done in a short term..put tank on layaway at lfs today..and some of my base rock seeding in the sump of my fowlr tank

yes i understand that most of these fish are hard to keep fish that's the reason for a reef habitat designed for these fish

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
The only fish with any issues are moorish idols. That fish has no biz in any aquarium unless u have coral or sponges to sacrifice to it! Trust me, ive been in this for 25 yrs. Those fish dont thrive in aquariums, ive only seen 2 or 3 ever make it for a some time. Not expensive to buy but still a shame to use as an experiment on.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
i understand the Moorish idol issue..the only fish that is 100% required is the regal angel as this was and is the fish that this tank plans were originally for..all others were add ons to complement the regal in its habitat...so iam not opposed to ditching the idea of a Moorish idol

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
The only regal that actually lives amd most likely not captured using any drugs are the red sea ones. Color and quality are 10x better. A little more $, but way worth it. Trust me!!

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Any fish from african waters are great quality and net caught. No cyanide, no Philippine fish!!!!

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
yeap iam only interested in the red sea regal

i know for the most part leathers are not that colorful but i kinda like them as well are they some what angel safe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store