Finlet damage and regrowth on lap

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Question. If the finlet gets damaged and the top finlet spine is damaged. Dorsal spine is growing but the finlet Rays not following upwards with it. Will it heal properly? Just asking as never had to deal with this regrowing step.

Fyi it's about a 15" wild Nigerian lap for $30. Great deal but hesitant to get it due to the first finlet damage. What do u guys think on the finlet regrowth.

image.jpg

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I've tracked the healing process for about a month and half. Will the Rays continue to rise to the spine? The spine is growing but Rays are not going upwards during the healing process.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Thanks u two for the feedback. Ya it's not about the price with me. Just wanted to state the great deal. Its either myself or a buddy on picking this guy up, or whomever. If not us it's ok. No rush. Emphasis is have u guys ever come across with this kind of finlet damage and what is expected on the regrowing process. Thxs

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
So are you asking if the actually spine will grow or the webbing? In the pics it looks like just the webbing is gone which will grow back in a couple of weeks. Maybe even less as the damage seems minor.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Been tracking this for the past month. Spine growing but the rays not going upwards with it. It's really a question for all poly experiment really from other members. Just so I or we know what to expect if a dorsal spine gets broken.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Been tracking this for the past month. Spine growing but the rays not going upwards with it. It's really a question for all poly experiment really from other members. Just so I or we know what to expect if a dorsal spine gets broken.
I bought a 1" delhezi 3 years ago ... Saved its life as it was gettin beat up badly ... Had no fins or armlets ... Had no Finlets (webbing) had to swim with its head .... Didn't even have a tail .... Everything grew back within a month

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
my koliba had a broken dorsal spine, the webbing was ripped as well. The spine healed fine, the webbing did heal but its not quite as high as the other spines and webbing on the rest of the back. I do believe it all just depends on how it heals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store